Man's bestfriend

Man's bestfriend
Look a likes.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I've been thinking about this build for about three year now and I finally decided to drop the dime on this custom made Chi Ti Fat bike.  I've used the company Xian Changda twice now for custom titanium builds and I've been extremely pleased both times with the quality and affordability of the framesets.  My last bike I ordered from these guys was a Ti cyclocross/touring frame back in 2004 and it is still my gravel racer.  On this design I dropped the toptube for more clearance when postholing in the snow.  I also stayed with the conventional 135mm offset rear-end and 100mm front fork drops.  I've never had any issues with those dimensions on my Pugsley and feel that its just adds weight to go 170mm and 135mm,  plus it's a heck of a lot more expensive and harder to find those hubs in the middle of no where. Down the road I have this strange idea that I'm going to ride the divide some day on this bad boy.  The build came in just under 29lbs, not bad for a XL.   The frame, fork and seatpost are extremely forgiving and make for a buttery smooth ride on the snow. As long as I stay 1x9 I'm sure I'll have the clearance to run Big Fat Larrys also!






No comments:

Post a Comment